The Government Oversight Steering Committee of Indivisible Clemson is tasked with keeping track of issues concerning process, not policy (or at least as much as those issues can be separated). Our focus is upon issues of democratic process, particularly but not exclusively, in our district and in the state of South Carolina. We shall attend to government oversight issues nationally when they are ones we believe our local elected officials can have some influence upon relevant national outcomes or policy.
While the mandate is broad, we will do our best to research and recommend ACTION CALLS to Indivisible Clemson that are related to issues such as:
- Gerrymandering / Redistricting
- Voting Rights (State IDs, Absentee voting, early voting, poll office hours, registration logistics, ballot security, etc)
- Clean and Fair Elections
- Sharing of Tax Returns by all elected officials
- The Right to Protest
- Supporting Political Journalism and the Free Press
- Transparency, Corruption, & Cronyism
- Russian or International interference with U.S. Elections
Please pitch in. We could use lots of help and ideas. Lawyers and people with experience in government especially welcome.
If you’d like to help, please fill out the volunteer form on this website and indicate an interest in the Government Oversight Steering Committee. We will get in touch with you.